NEXT STOP SCHOOL BUSING
(Operated by Personal Motor Coach Inc.)
STUDENT TRANSPORTATION AGREEMENT
USE OF BUS SERVICE
- Next Stop School Busing provides the service of arranging a dedicated school bus on a morning route to pick up and deliver students to specific secondary schools, and to return in the afternoon.
- Students are picked up and dropped off at pickup points on the assigned bus route. A student who moves during the school year must go to an existing stop. If there is space on another bus route they may change buses. Although morning run spaces are fixed, on the afternoon run a registered student may ride a bus on any route if there is space.
- Students are expected to be at their designated group stop 5 minutes before pick up time. Walking distances of 10 minutes or up to 700 meters should be expected. No door to door pickups will be considered
- Students must carry their bus cards at all times when boarding a bus. A driver may request a card at any time and deny boarding if it is not produced. If the student lends the bus card to another person to use, or brings a non-registered student on a bus, the student will lose riding privileges for a period of one week.
- The Student must exercise common sense and courtesy, and abide by all safety rules, while aboard a bus or in close proximity to a bus. Next Stop School Busing may establish rules of conduct for registered students. The decision of the driver on acceptable conduct on or in the vicinity of a bus, or whether the student will be denied boarding or removed from a bus on any occasion, will be final, and is not the decision of Next Stop School Busing. Next Stop School Busing may permanently deny boarding for continued or serious misconduct or repeated breach of rules. No compensation or refund will be provided if the student is denied boarding or removed from a bus.
- Next Stop School Busing contracts with a licensed carrier to operate the bus service and is not itself the carrier. Consequently, Next Stop School Busing accepts no liability for, and by accepting this agreement the student and the Parent/Custodian agree to and hereby release and discharge Next Stop School Busing from and against, all claims, actions, injury, damages and losses, that directly or indirectly arise or are incurred by the student and the Parent/Custodian out of or are related to the use of the bus service or the non-availability of the bus service, regardless of the circumstances.
- Student and Parent/Custodian acknowledge and accept that buses may be delayed, or cancelled, due to weather, school closures, mechanical breakdown, and other reasons beyond the reasonable control of Next Stop School Busing or the carrier, and no refunds or compensation will be payable.
REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL TERMS
- The registration of the student is for the full school year (except for Grade 12 co-op students), for the school and on the route set out on the Registration form.
- Because Next Stop School Busing contracts seat space for the student for the full year, the Registration Fee is due for the full amount and is non-refundable. This is regardless of any installment payment terms that may be offered, and whether or not the student uses or ceases to use the service. First installment set out on the completed registration form is required to ensure a seat on the bus.
- If a Student no longer requires the service and finds a suitable replacement Student who pays the Registration fee for the remainder of the year, Next Stop School Busing will refund the replacement amount paid less a 15% handling fee. Next Stop School Busing will be pleased to assist in finding a replacement student if it has a waiting list.
- A freeze will be in place on all bus routes the last week of August and the first week of September. In this time we will not make any changes to pickups or drop offs.
- Payments are due on the dates and amounts as stated on the Registration. If an installment is not paid when due, or if paid and a cheque is returned NSF, and if not fully paid plus late charge within three days:
- the entire remaining balance of the Registration Fee will become fully due on demand by Next Stop School Busing; and
- the student may be denied boarding of a bus until payment is made.
- NSF cheques or late payments – $30 charge. Lost bus cards – $10 charge. One way riders – 70% of full fee if there is space. A fuel surcharge of up to $50 per student may be levied if charged by the carrier. HST is included in all charges.
- This is the entire agreement respecting the service; there are no terms, conditions, representations or warranties except as contained in this agreement; and this agreement supersedes all prior agreements. This agreement is not assignable by the student or Parent/Guardian.
- Any Visa or Master Card payments will be charged an additional 2%.