NEXT STOP SCHOOL BUSING – INCLEMENT WEATHER PROTOCOL
Our priority is to keep parents informed and kids safe in the event that severe weather of any nature should affect busing to school. We ask that you please review and observe our inclement weather protocol as the winter season approaches.
- Announcements regarding bus cancellations are made between 6:00-6:15 am. Be aware of the board district your busing falls under and check the following reliable sources:
Next Stop Busing on Facebook AM680 News Radio CP24
- CALL DISPATCH FIRST – For inquiries regarding bus location and time of arrival updates. Phone number located on back of bus card or in registration confirmation email
- Students are still expected to be at their stop at least 5 minutes before their regular designated stop time. Bus drivers will not wait past the set stop time or honk upon arrival.
- There is a 10 minute window before buses are considered late. If your bus is consistently arriving late, please contact Next Stop for complaints.
- Take extra precaution to prepare for the walk to your bus stop. It may be dark outside and sidewalks/roads may not be adequately cleared. Wear reflective clothing and stand near the roadside lamppost for visibility. Always make eye contact with drivers before crossing the street to make sure they see you.